Headwaters is under construction. We need to renovate our hospital, so we can continue to meet your care needs and improve the experiences of our patients, families and caregivers as well as the people that work here.
Thank you to our community for funding our redevelopment projects through the Headwaters Health Care Foundation and Headwaters Health Care Auxiliary.
We appreciate for your patience during construction.
Currently under construction
Construction on the hospital main lobby and staircase was completed in early March as part of the Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre. To fully transform the experience for our patients and visitors, construction to the main entrance and patio adjacent to the lobby will be underway over the summer.
- A renovated main entrance and extended patient/visitor drop off area will improve the overall patient experience and flow.
- A new door was installed to provide direct access to the patio during the main lobby construction. Resurfacing the patio is imperative to allow for a safe and accessible space for everyone to enjoy.
- We have made careful consideration for this project due to the current situation with COVID-19 to ensure the safety of everyone who receives care, visits or who works at our hospital.
- We feel that it is the right time to complete this construction as access to the hospital is already limited to the Emergency Department and Ambulatory Care entrance to allow for COVID-19 screening. Thus, this project will not impact hospital activities.
- Contractors will need limited to no access into our hospital during this time. Any that do require access will have to be through the screening process prior to entering the building.
These renovations were funded in large part by donations from our generous community members who support the Foundation.
About the Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre
Earlier this year we renovated all aspects of our hospital lobby including our main staircase, to ensure we continue to meet current safety and accessibility standards. These renovations provide a smooth and effortless journey from the time you enter our front doors, to the time you are seen by your care team and then return to the community.
The lobby and main entrance are named the Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre, in honor of local residents Joan and Paul Waechter’s continued generosity and cumulative giving to Headwaters Health Care Foundation.
For more information contact us or check out our news section below.