Construction on the hospital main lobby and staircase was completed in early March as part of the Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre. To fully transform the experience for our patients and visitors, construction to the main entrance and patio adjacent to the lobby will be underway over the summer and fall.
This week's update
What to expect
- Work is complete on the patio adjacent to the Joan & Paul Waechter Welcome Centre.
- Fascia and vertical face panels will be installed on the canopy over the main entrance.
When to expect
- Signage is available and will be installed once the fascia panels are in place.
- Electrical work has begun and will be completed once the trim and soffits have been installed.
- We anticipate this project to be completed by the first week of December.
- Contractors will be onsite from 6am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday and sometimes of weekends (with advance notice).
- Contractors will need limited to no access in our hospital during this time. Any that do require access will have to go through the screening process prior to entering the building.
These renovations were funded in large part by donations from our generous community members who support the Foundation.
Questions about Construction?
Please feel free to email email@example.com
if you have questions about the improvements underway at your local hospital.