Finding meaning, purpose and value
Members of the Spiritual Care team provide a supportive, listening presence to patients, families, caregivers and staff. Spiritual care volunteers respond with compassion to emotional and spiritual distress and help others engage in the process of spiritual renewal and understanding.
They help in the search for meaning, purpose and value during a hospital stay.
Spiritual care volunteers at least one day each month as
To volunteer with us, we ask that you have:
- Providing at least two hours of service in patient areas
- On-call available over a 24-hour period to provide support when it is urgently needed
- Past volunteer or work experience in spiritual care or a related service
- Association with and endorsement from a recognized Canadian Faith Group
- Spiritual and emotional maturity, confidentiality, good listening and a compassionate nature
- Two additional references
- Related education (preferred)
- The ability to participate fully in a training program which is held every 18 months
- Completed a Vulnerable Sector Screen
To get started complete an application form