Protecting the safety of everyone at Headwaters is top priority.
As we continue to deliver quality care and services, our objective is to reduce risk to our patients, families, staff, physicians, volunteers, students, and the community.
Updated COVID-19 guidelines
To enhance the safety of everyone in our hospital, our staff, physicians, and volunteers will be wearing masks in all patient care areas, and when providing direct patient care.
Headwaters will support anyone who chooses to wear a mask at any time or point in the hospital, and masks will continue to be provided at hospital entrances and elsewhere in the facility.
What remains the same
- Everyone entering the hospital is required to self-screen at hospital entrances. Please do not enter if you are unwell or have any illness symptoms.
- To reduce the spread of infection, patients and visitors with any respiratory illness symptoms are required to wear a mask while moving throughout the hospital and outside their patient room.
- Staff, caregivers and visitors will continue to have access to all PPE when required.
- Patients coming to the hospital for surgery will continue to follow their physician’s direction with regards to pre-operative COVID-19 testing, based on symptoms.
- Headwaters will return to pre-pandemic routine practices with the continued support of a Point of Care Risk Assessment (PCRA), a decision-making tool widely used in healthcare to determine when personal protective equipment is required.
More COVID-19 assessment information
To ensure the community remains safe and protected, symptomatic patients seeking an appointment for a COVID-19 assessment and patients eligible for PCR swab can call 1-888-530-1319 to make an appointment.
For more information about where to access COVID-19 assessments, treatments and testing eligibility visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-clinical-assessments-and-testing.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please call the COVID-19 Call Centre at Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health at (800) 265.7293 x7006.