The health of everyone at Headwaters and providing a safe environment is our top priority. As we continue to deliver quality care and services, our objective is to reduce risk to our patients, families, staff, physicians, volunteers, students, and the community.
The COVID-19 Assessment Centre at Headwaters and the Dufferin Cold & Flu Clinic have amalgamated and relocated to Unit 5-50 Rolling Hills Drive, Orangeville.
Appointments are available Monday – Thursday from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and can be made by calling 1-888-530-1319.
** As a reminder, most people in the community with symptoms are not eligible for COVID-19 testing. Hospital patients coming for surgery will continue to complete pre-operative COVID-19 testing at the hospital and will be provided with instructions by your Surgeon's Office.
If you have general questions about COVID-19, please call the COVID-19 Call Centre at Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
at (800) 265.7293 x7006.
- Our Ambulatory Care and Main Entrances are open between 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. and the Emergency Department entrance is open 24/7.
- Everyone entering the hospital needs to self-screen before entry.
- All staff and Designated Care Partners entering the hospital will choose a mask to be worn at all times while inside the hospital.
Designated Care Partners
Everyone entering the hospital must self-screen before entry. A Designated Care Partner is a person who has been identified by the patient or substitute decision maker, who can provide support to a patient during their visit with us (e.g. a patient under 18 years of age).
Designated Care Partners will be not be allowed in if any of the symptoms listed below are present.
- new or unexplained cough
- unexplained shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing
- diarrhea or vomiting
- runny nose/sneezing
While we strongly encourage vaccinations, proof will no longer be required as a condition of entry for Designated Care Partners.
Anyone seeking medical attention does not need to self-screen.
Designated Care Partner Access & Mask Policy
We understand how important it is to have a loved one by your side when you are in the hospital.
Patients and Designated Care Partners are required to put on a hospital provided surgical mask following self-screening at entrances.
All admitted patients are permitted two Designated Care Partners at the bedside at one time during a 24-hour period.
All Emergency Department, Ambulatory Care, Diagnostic Imaging, Dialysis, and Operating Room patients are permitted one Designated Care Partner.
Children under the age of 16 who are visiting the hospital must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Exceptions to the policy include, but are not limited to, end of life; childbirth; pediatrics; mental health crises, and some vulnerable patients.
If you wish to appeal denial for visiting, please see our policy for the appeals process.
Stay connected virtually
If you have a loved one at Headwaters Health Care Centre, please consider the alternatives below to in person visits.
- The hospital supports the use of technology to connect with your loved ones through virtual options, like FaceTime, Zoom or telephone calls.
- Headwaters’ Wi-Fi is available free of charge, for patients to enable video calls to family and friends. The guest network can be found in your wireless settings with entry of a contact email address.
- Call a loved one in their room through the switchboard at 519-941-2410 – 0
- Patients can bring their own devices when possible to stay connected to loved ones through FaceTime, Skype, Zoom etc. When patients do not have access to their own personal devices, assistance may be provided to access to technology and assist with virtual visitation.
- Send an e-card! Our Spiritual Care Coordinator will hand deliver messages to admitted patients during the COVID-19 pandemic, please complete the form below. A copy of your submission will be emailed to us, we will print your message and hand deliver it to your loved one at Headwaters. Please note, any notes received over a weekend will be delivered by a team member on Monday.
Send your e-card