Local strategic thinkers - passionate about our purpose and goals
Our Board of Directors
provide oversight in making strategic decisions, ensuring we provide quality care, our financial well-being and staying educated in health care best practices. We also have several committees which consist of directors and community members. They are a group of dedicated and dynamic volunteers from our local community.
We are currently looking for Directors who have a background in:
Health system planning and integration
Understand the Ontario health care system directions and funding.
Understand Provincial health services requirements and funding models.
Social determinants of health
Understand social supports and services and their impact on an individual’s health.
Understand legislation governing hospitals and health care.
Directors are asked to:
- Meet monthly (except in the summer) for 3-4 hours with an additional 2-3 hours of preparation time.
- Belong to a Committee which meets monthly or bi-monthly (except in the summer) for 2 hours with an additional 1 -2 hours of preparation time.
- Join the Quality Committee of the Board for their first term
- Support the Headwaters Health Care Foundation
- Devote 10 – 15 hours per year to education and development
Our Board of Directors are transforming health care in Dufferin County by sharing their knowledge and expertise with us. They are local strategic thinkers that are passionate about our purpose and goals.
If you are interested in getting involved with governance of our hospital and joining our dynamic team contact us by email
of phone at (519) 941.2410