Local strategic thinkers - passionate about our purpose and goals
Our Board of Directors
provide oversight and assesses performance in the areas of: strategic directions, management performance, quality of patient care, external relations, measurement of performance, financial and Board effectiveness overall. We have several committees which do this important work and consist of elected Board Directors and Community Members. We are a dynamic and dedicated group of volunteers from our local communities.
Efforts and time commitment
• Board: 3-4 hour monthly meetings (except summer)
• Expected that each Director belongs to at least 1 committee
• Committee: 2 hour monthly/bimonthly meetings (except summer) plus preparation time
Do you have the following?
• Ability to commit your time and support
• Ability to communicate, listen and seek others’ input
• Humility and the ability to effectively contribute when dealing with diverse perspectives and ideas
We are looking for volunteers that have experience in any of the following areas:
• Ontario Health System
• Information technology
• Legal or regulatory frameworks
• Financial acumen
• Social support services
Education and development opportunities
• There are developmental opportunities in health care governance for incoming and current Directors through the Ontario Hospital Association and other organizations via seminars, webinars, presentations, reading and special projects
• Directors are expected to devote 10 - 15 hours per year to health care governance development
Join us as we build the future of your local hospital
• We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive culture where every person feels valued and respected.
Our Board of Directors are transforming health care in Dufferin County by sharing their knowledge and expertise with us. They are local strategic thinkers that are passionate about our purpose and goals.