If you or a loved one needs to stay with us overnight, here is what you should plan to bring with you and what you should leave at home.
What to Bring
- Photo ID that includes you name, address and date of birth.
- Proof of additional health insurance coverage – if you have it.
- All medications that you take in their original containers and a medication checklist.
- Eyeglasses, dentures and/or hearing aids with extra batteries.
- Although you will be provided with a patient gown, you may want your own pajamas or bathrobe.
- Non-slip footwear.
- Personal items - toothbrush, toothpaste, facial tissues, shampoo, comb and brush, shaving items, unscented locations and cosmetics.
- Magazine, books, pen and stationary.
- Electronic devices (such as laptops or tablets) with charger.
- Wireless internet is free at the hospital and we are pleased to offer a range of education and entertainment at the beside.
What to Leave at Home
- Valuables – rings, watches, other jewelry, important papers and anything of sentimental value.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Scented products.
We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Did you know that in Canada 215 older adults are hospitalized each day because of a fall?
Please bring and wear appropriate footwear while you are staying with us – avoid shoes or slippers that may be slippery or dangerous on tile floors. We will continue to do our best to keep our floors free of objects that might cause you to fall.