Construction on the hospital main lobby and staircase was completed in early March as part of the Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre. To fully transform the experience for our patients and visitors, construction to the main entrance and patio adjacent to the lobby will be underway over the summer and fall.
This week's update
What to expect
- Work has begun on the patio adjacent to the Joan & Paul Waechter Welcome Centre.
- Signage for the main entrance has been ordered and will be installed soon.
When to expect
- Next, the siding will be installed on the canopy and the wiring for the lighting will be completed.
- Patio work will be completed by October 30
- Hoarding will remain up for the duration of the project.
- Contractors will be onsite from 6am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday and sometimes of weekends (with advance notice).
- Contractors will need limited to no access in our hospital during this time. Any that do require access will have to go through the screening process prior to entering the building.
These renovations were funded in large part by donations from our generous community members who support the Foundation.
Questions about Construction?
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have questions about the improvements underway at your local hospital.