Construction on the hospital main lobby and staircase was completed in early March as part of the Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre. To fully transform the experience for our patients and visitors, construction to the main entrance and patio adjacent to the lobby will be underway over the summer.
This week's update
When to expect
- The main road to the main entrance and ambulatory care entrance of the hospital will be closed for 4 days to allow for new concrete and curb construction.
When to expect
- Thursday August 27 at 7am until end of day Monday August 31 at 5pm.
- Timing is dependent on weather.
- The bus stop will be moved temporarily to Rolling Hills Drive
- Entrance into 140/150 Rolling Hills Drive will be by way of a one-way lane, supported by security guards directing traffic
- Patient drop off and pick-up will be through the entrance into our parking lot
- A designated drop off/pick-up will in the visitor parking lot
- There will be no stopping at any time on the laneway
- Contractors will be onsite from 6am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday and sometimes of weekends (with advance notice).
- Contractors will need limited to no access in our hospital during this time. Any that do require access will have to go through the screening process prior to entering the building.
These renovations were funded in large part by donations from our generous community members who support the Foundation.
Questions about Construction?
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have questions about the improvements underway at your local hospital.