Patients and families partnering to make a difference
The best way we can provide even better care is to focus on how you - our patients, families and caregivers - can identify the most important things that can be done to improve your care experience.
By becoming a volunteer Patient Family Advisor (PFA), you can help build on the community involvement that already exists at our hospital and ensure that we understand what matters most to you – the people we serve.
We are currently looking for volunteer PFAs who:
- Have received care or have supported a family member through care over the past three years
- Can work together with our teams – we will match you with a specific need at the hospital and your own personal experience.
Tasks may include: giving input on improvement of services, being involved in projects or in recruitment committees for key hospital positions and providing feedback on policies and procedures.
We ask that PFAs be:
- Respectful of others
- Comfortable speaking in a group
- A good listener
- Able to use your personal experience constructively
- Interesting in creating meaningful change
- Able to maintain the confidentiality of our patients and organization
What’s your Headwaters experience? Add your voice and help shape the future of health care in Dufferin County! Get started by completing an expression of interest form
A member of our team will get in touch with you to setup an in-person interview.