Patients and families make a difference
The best way Headwaters can provide even better care is to partner with patients, families and caregivers to help identify the most important areas the hospital can focus on.
Patient Family Advisor (PFA) volunteers act as advocates to help ensure the voice of the patient is represented in decision making in the hospital. Their purpose is to:
We are currently looking for volunteer PFAs with the following criteria:
- Promote respectful, effective partnerships between patients, families, and the healthcare team
- Increase understanding and collaboration between patients, families, and staff
- Transform the culture towards patient-centered care
- Improve quality, patient safety, and patient health outcomes
- Establish a link between the hospital and the community
Ready to share your Headwaters experience?
- Received care at Headwaters or have supported a family member through care over the past three years
- Available to attend monthly PFA meetings to provide insight from the patient and family perspective about policies, care practices, and patient education materials
- Serve on subcommittees and workgroups to help bring the patient and family perspective to these efforts
- Respectfully participate in group discussions to share ideas on how Headwaters can improve care, quality, safety, and services, and identify patient and family needs or concerns
- Able to maintain the confidentiality of our patients and organization
Please complete an expression of interest form
to shape the future of health care. A member of our team will get in touch with you to setup an in-person interview.