The Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre
What happened last week (November 22 - 29)
Weekly shout outs!
- The construction team has started pouring concrete into the areas surrounding the new stairwell.
- The plumbing rough-in inspection has passed!
- The stair framing welding inspection has passed!
- Sub-trades are working full force to ensure everything is in place as the teams work to finish the drywall.
Thank you to the Quality and Professional Practice teams for being phenomenal supports for this project! This team has been phenomenal in addressing/identifying risks, conducting inspections and contributing to a lot of behind the scenes work. This hospital could not function without you! Thank you!
What to expect
When to expect
- Concrete pouring to continue over this next week.
- Access into the Physician’s Lounge, Auxiliary Office and Women’s Change Room to do electrical and plumbing work.
HN Construction hours of operation
- Nov 29 – Dec 6, some low level noise as the construction teams prepare the stairwell area for the pouring of cement.
- Access into the Physician’s Lounge, Women’s Change Room and Auxiliary Office. Notice will be provided prior to work beginning.
- They will be working onsite from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday and sometimes on the weekends (but with advanced notice).
Headwaters patients and their families will experience a new one-stop shop with respect to arrival, registration and bill payment, supported by self-service kiosks and centralized registration.
The lobby will include a new, more accessible entryway, a new information desk, expanded waiting areas, a therapeutic and fully accessible outdoor space, a re-designed gift shop and café and a new safer and more accommodating central staircase.
These renovations are being funded through donations to the Headwaters Health Care Foundation and the Headwaters Health Care Auxiliary.
The lobby and main entrance will be named The Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre, in honor of local residents, Joan and Paul Waechter’s cumulative giving to Headwaters Health Care Centre.
Questions about Construction?
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have questions about the improvements underway at your local hospital