The Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre at Headwaters Health Care Centre
What happened last week (October 25 – Nov 1)
What to expect
- This week the construction team started putting up drywall around the new central registration area.
- They have begun installing new lighting in the lobby.
- The former information desk has had electrical and plumbing elements put in for the temporary café and is waiting inspection by the electricians in order for them to finalize the space and hand over to HHCC.
- New heating lines have been installed to help heat the lobby in the cold months.
- The Orangeville Fire & Equipment Company was on site to add 10 additional sprinkler heads with associated piping for sprinkler protection under ducts.
HN Construction hours of operation
- Dry wall will be going up next week.
- Finishing the preparatory work for the temporary café.
- Mechanical sub-contractors onsite accessing areas related to heating, cooling, ventilation systems etc.
The construction crew and the sub-trades work on site 6:00am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Headwaters patients and their families will experience a new one-stop shop with respect to arrival, registration and bill payment, supported by self-service kiosks and centralized registration.
The lobby will include a new, more accessible entryway, a new information desk, expanded waiting areas, a therapeutic and fully accessible outdoor space, a re-designed gift shop and café and a new safer and more accommodating central staircase.
These renovations are being funded through donations to the Headwaters Health Care Foundation and the Headwaters Health Care Auxiliary.
The lobby and main entrance will be named The Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre, in honor of local residents, Joan and Paul Waechter’s cumulative giving to Headwaters Health Care Centre.
Questions about Construction?
Please feel free to email email@example.com
if you have questions about the improvements underway at your local hospital.