We provide emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week including:
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography) – uses X-ray images to make detailed pictures of body structures.
- Digital Mammography – takes electronic images inside the breast to determine if there is anything unusual.
- Nuclear Medicine – uses safe doses of radiation and pharmaceuticals to diagnose and view how different organs function.
- Ultrasound – uses high frequency sound waves to produce images of organs and structures of the body.
- X-ray – makes use of electromagnetic radiation to take pictures of the human body.
HHCC was one of the first hospitals to have a fully digital diagnostic imaging system in Ontario. This means the information is stored on a computer, so the images can be transferred electronically throughout the hospital and other health care organizations.
We take patient confidentiality very seriously
- all electronic transfers and storage are done within the details set out by the Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act.
Your physician’s office will fax your requisition to us. A Diagnostic Imaging representative will contact you as soon as possible to let you know your appointment time. Please do not phone to book an appointment unless we haven’t contacted you with an appointment time.
Please bring your Health Card to your appointment, arrive 10 minutes prior to your exam time and register when you arrive.
It is important during diagnostic imaging tests that only the patient is in the room when they are being done. This means, children are not allowed in the room. Please make childcare arrangements if you are coming to see us for a test.
Your doctor may ask for a copy of your images to be sent to a specialist. Please allow 48 hours for a CD to be prepared if that is how they are to be sent. We will need the name and address of the specialist.
HHCC now offers patients and their family access to their medical imaging records online. Once you sign up for access, you can view your entire medical imaging history at HHCC, share imaging instantly with any physician or even burn your own CD/USB from home. There is a $5.00 fee when you sign up. This includes permanent access to all available previous imaging and radiologist reports as well as any new exams you undergo over the following two weeks.
Access Pocket Health online