We are passionate about the community involvement that exists at our hospital. This connectedness ensures that we understand what matters most to you – the people we serve.
The Care for All Act (ECFAA) in Ontario asks that all hospitals develop a Patient Declaration of Values statement to create a culture of continues improvement in health care. A culture where patient needs are clear and collaborative.
We are committed to continuing to work collaboratively with you - our patients, families and caregivers as we transform health care in Dufferin County.
As a patient you can expect
- I will be treated with dignity, patience and respect by all staff members always
- I will be prioritized and informed promptly, and my health condition will be diagnosed in an efficient manner
- Health care providers will introduce themselves and explain their role in my care
- I will receive high quality, safe, evidence-based medical care and services
- If these services are provided elsewhere, I will be referred and transitioned to that care provider
- I will have access to timely and complete health information that includes options in a language that is understandable, so I can make informed decisions about my health and well-being
To be heard
- I will have an opportunity to provide feedback on my care and may choose to participate in the continuous improvement of the hospital and its services through community engagement
As a patient your role and responsibilities are
Provide information about your health
- I agree to provide accurate and complete information about any past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters related to my health
- I will inform my health care provider if there is a change in my condition or if problems/concerns arise during treatment
- I will inform my health care provider if I do not understand my treatment plan or what I am expected to do
- I will actively participate in my care to the best of my ability with the health care team
- I will follow hospital policies and treat staff, physicians, volunteers, other patients, families and visitors with courtesy, and respect another patients’ privacy
- I will recognize that the needs of other patients and families may sometimes be more urgent than my needs
Our hospital is your hospital. Add your voice by becoming a Patient and Family Advisor or by sharing your feedback on these values with us