New interior location opens today at 100 Rolling Hills Drive and online booking now available Headwaters Health Care Centre’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre
ORANGEVILLE, November 10, 2020: Today the COVID-19 Assessment Centre at Headwaters Health Care Centre started testing people in the new interior location near the Emergency Department at 100 Rolling Hills Drive.
People will need to pre-book an appointment by calling 1-833-442-2001 8:30 am to 4:30 pm seven days a week. or by visiting the hospital’s website at www.headwatershealth.ca
. Same day appointments are available, and appointments can be booked up to two days in advance.
It is anticipated that the COVID-19 Assessment Centre will be able to see over 300 people daily. The COVID-19 Assessment Centre’s hours of operation are 10:00 am and 10:00 pm, seven days a week.
People are asked to arrive 20 minutes prior to their appointment and call 226-916-5657. Designated free parking is available. People are asked to bring their parking ticket in with them for it to be validated during their visit.
If people arrive by bus, taxi or are dropped off, staff will be able to assist once they approach the door. There will be space inside for people to wait for their allotted appointment. People are asked to wear a mask. If they arrive without a mask, one will be provided.
When entering the COVID-19 Assessment Centre, people will provide their identification to a team member. They will be escorted into one of our rooms. Then they exit, using the same door they came through. Staff will be available to assist if there are questions. Each assessment is estimated to take about 15 minutes.
If they require a taxi or need to wait for the bus they will be able to do so from within the COVID-19 Assessment Centre. People are asked to identify this need, prior to completion of their test.
– you can book an appointment online by visiting Headwaters’ website at www.headwatershealth.ca
Click on “Book a COVID-19 Test” on the homepage and follow the instructions. If you are eligible to receive a COVID-19 test, you will be asked to register for an account by providing your name, date of birth, as well as your phone number and email address. Please note, a valid email address is required for online booking. If you do not have one, you are welcome to book via phone.
– you can book an appointment by phone by calling 1-833-442-2001. The phone line will be staffed seven days a week, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If your call is not answered immediately, you are welcome to wait on hold for the first available attendant. Alternatively, you have the option of booking your appointment online.
Please note that Surgical patients are not being asked to self-book for a COVID-19 test at this time. Your bookings for a test will continue to be coordinated by your specialist.
Visit our COVID-19 Assessment Centre if you:
• Are showing COVID-19 symptoms;
• Have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus, as informed by public health unit or exposure notification through the COVID-19 app;
• Are resident or worker in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified and informed by their local public health unit; or
• Are eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative directed by the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
• Are a dialysis patient and have been directed by a physician
• Have been directed by a physician to be tested prior to the start of your first chemotherapy treatment
• Are a perioperative patient. You will continue to be tested a few days in advance of your proposed surgery.
• You can also QUALIFY for a test at a COVID-19 Assessment Centre if you are from the following population groups and if you are NOT SHOWING SYMPTOMS:
• Residents, workers or visitors in long-term care homes
• Residents or workers in homeless shelters or other congregate living settings
• International students that have passed their 14-day quarantine period
• Farm workers or Indigenous communities
People who do not have symptoms can book an appointment at one of the select pharmacies
If you require emergency care, always call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest Emergency Department.
Jennifer Hamilton, MA, MBA Director, Communications & Stakeholder Relations, Headwaters Health Care Centre | Cell/Text: 519-278-5085| Email: email@example.com