Construction on the hospital main lobby and staircase was completed in early March as part of the Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre. To fully transform the experience for our patients and visitors, construction to the main entrance and patio adjacent to the lobby will be underway over the summer.
This week's update
What to expect
- New stamped concrete has been poured over the sidewalk leading up to the main entrance of the hospital.
When to expect
- Next, we will begin masonry work and painting on the pillars as well as flashing work on the structure.
- Hoarding will remain up for the duration of the project.
- Work on the patio adjacent to the Joan & Paul Waechter Welcome Centre will begin the week of September 14.
- Contractors will be onsite from 6am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday and sometimes of weekends (with advance notice).
- Contractors will need limited to no access in our hospital during this time. Any that do require access will have to go through the screening process prior to entering the building.
These renovations were funded in large part by donations from our generous community members who support the Foundation.
Questions about Construction?
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have questions about the improvements underway at your local hospital.