Construction on the hospital main lobby and staircase was completed in early March as part of the Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre. To fully transform the experience for our patients and visitors, construction to the main entrance and patio adjacent to the lobby will be underway over the summer.
This week's update
What to expect
- We will be starting work on the main entrance of the hospital and patio adjacent to the lobby this week.
- Hoarding will be going up on Friday, June 26, 2020 along the sidewalk leading up to the main entrance of the hospital and along the patio area adjacent to the Joan and Paul Waetcher Welcome Centre.
When to expect
- There will be restricted access to the sidewalk.
- To safely enter/exit the area we ask that all patients, visitors and staff walk along the sidewalk to the crosswalk then across the parking lot.
- Hoarding will remain up for the duration of the project.
- Contractors will be onsite from 6am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday and sometimes of weekends (with advance notice).
- Contractors will need limited to no access in our hospital during this time. Any that do require access will have to go through the screening process prior to entering the building.
These renovations were funded in large part by donations from our generous community members who support the Foundation.
Questions about Construction?
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have questions about the improvements underway at your local hospital.