Construction on the hospital main lobby and staircase was completed in early March as part of the Joan and Paul Waechter Welcome Centre. To fully transform the experience for our patients and visitors, construction to the main entrance and patio adjacent to the lobby will be underway over the summer.
This week's update
What to expect
- Structural steel will be installed on the concrete piers that will be used to support the steel awning.
- The awning will be erected and installed.
When to expect
- A large construction vehicle will be onsite to perform the work on the awning.
- 2 flagmen will be onsite for traffic control and safety.
- There is restricted access to the sidewalk.
- To safely enter/exit the area we ask that all patients, visitors and staff walk along the sidewalk to the crosswalk then across the parking lot.
- Work on the awning will be commence on July 29.
- Hoarding will remain up for the duration of the project (end of August).
- Contractors will be onsite from 6am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday and sometimes of weekends (with advance notice).
- Contractors will need limited to no access in our hospital during this time. Any that do require access will have to go through the screening process prior to entering the building.
These renovations were funded in large part by donations from our generous community members who support the Foundation.
Questions about Construction?
Please feel free to email email@example.com
if you have questions about the improvements underway at your local hospital.