ORANGEVILLE, November 4, 2020:
As of Tuesday, November 10, the COVID-19 Assessment Centre at Headwaters Health Care Centre will move inside the hospital, to a separate area near the Emergency Department at 100 Rolling Hills Drive.
People will need to pre-book an appointment by calling 1-833-442-2001. Same day appointments are available. An online booking option should be available on or shortly after November 10. Hours of operation will be 10:00 am and 10:00 pm, seven days a week.
It is anticipated that the COVID-19 Assessment Centre will be able to see over 300 people daily.
Parking will be available in a dedicated area in the Emergency Department area parking lot.
People are asked to arrive about 20 minutes prior to their appointment, park in the dedicated parking spots in the Emergency Department parking lot, call 226-916-5657 to speak with an Assessment Centre team member, then enter the building where they will proceed to an area for testing. People will need to bring their parking ticket with them, for validation. Parking will be free of charge for people attending the COVID-19 Assessment Centre.
If people are being dropped off or come by transit, they will have a physically distanced area to wait inside. People are asked to come to the COVID-19 Assessment Centre entrance and a staff person will assist them. Each area will be properly sanitized following each visit.
Visit our COVID-19 Assessment Centre if you:
• Are showing COVID-19 symptoms;
• Have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus, as informed by their public health unit or exposure notification through the COVID-19 app;
• Are resident or worker in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified and informed by their local public health unit; or
• Are eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative directed by the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
• Are a dialysis patient and have been directed by a physician
• Have been directed by a physician to be tested prior to the start of your first chemotherapy treatment
• Are a perioperative patient. You will continue to be tested a few days in advance of your proposed surgery.
• You can also QUALIFY for a test at a COVID-19 Assessment Centre if you are from the following Population groups and if you are NOT SHOWING SYMPTOMS:
• Residents, workers or visitors in long-term care homes
• Residents or workers in homeless shelters or other congregate living settings
• International students that have passed their 14-day quarantine period
• Farm workers or Indigenous communities
People who do not have symptoms can book an appointment at one of the select pharmacies
If you require emergency care, always call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest Emergency Department.
- headwatershealth.ca for Frequently Asked Questions and additional information
Jennifer Hamilton, MA, MBA Director, Communications & Stakeholder Relations, Headwaters Health Care Centre | Cell/Text: 519-278-5085| Email: email@example.com