Skip to main content

Speech Language Pathology

Speech-Language Pathology is a health care field with trained professionals who can assess, diagnose and treat a variety of communication and swallowing difficulties and disorders. At HHCC, we offer inpatient and outpatient services for adults and children.

Adult Speech-Language Pathology Services
Speech-language pathologists provide assessment and treatment of communication and swallowing disorders for our adult inpatients. The people we see may have one or more issues such as: stroke, neurogenic communication disorders (aphasia, dyspraxia, dysarthria, etc.), voice and swallowing disorders. Our speech-language pathologists work on numerous multi-disciplinary professional teams throughout the hospital.

Clients with swallowing difficulties (dysphagia) are assessed and managed on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. Therapists work in with dietary and nursing staff and provide consultation to family members and community professionals.

Access Outpatient Paediatrics Speech-Language Pathology Services in Ontario 
In Ontario, preschool speech and language services are divided into regions. If you live in Wellington or Dufferin County you can access services through the Wee Talk Preschool Speech and Language Services operated by the Wellington Guelph Dufferin Public Health Unit. Parents can directly refer their child for service – a doctor’s referral is not necessary.

Access preschool speech and language service programs in Ontario  or in Dufferin County you can call 1.844.454.3711.