Headwaters is committed to creating an environment where we work collaboratively to ensure that we provide the best possible standard of care to our patients and their families. If you are interested in joining our team, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Opportunities Available
Registered Nurse, Operating Room (Temporary Part-Time)The Registered Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision of general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis, according to the standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation.The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter by quoting job number N-4183-14 to email@example.comWhile we appreciate all resumes, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Perioperative certificate – C.N.A. is preferred
- Completion of O.R. training courses
- Recent operating room experience
- BCLS/C.P.R. Certification
- Recovery Room experience
Charge Nurse, Surgical Suite (Full-Time)The Surgical Suite Charge Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision and operation of the general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis, according to the Standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation in Day Surgery, Operating Room, Recovery Room, Endoscopy, Minor Procedure & Sterile Processing Department.The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter quoting job number N-4181-14 to firstname.lastname@example.orgWhile we appreciate all resumes, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario (Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred)
- Perioperative nursing certificate – C.N.A is preferred
- Completion of Perioperative Nursing Program
- BCLS Certification required, ACLS Certification is preferred
- Minimum 5 years Operating Room experience and previous leadership experience is preferred
- Effective interpersonal, organizational abilities to promote team work with physicians and staff
- Working knowledge of Day Surgery, PACU, Endoscopy and SPD including ORNAC, OPANA & CNA standards
- Experience in staff scheduling
- Experience in data collection
Back to Top
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Part-Time & Casual)The Registered Pharmacy Technician practices in the hospital environment in accordance with the Standards of Practice set out by the Ontario College of Pharmacists and with the Mission, Vision and Values of Headwaters Health Care Centre. These standards are developed for Registered Pharmacy Technicians who assist pharmacists performing the controlled acts for Pharmacy practice as follows: dispensing, selling and compounding drugs and/or supervising the part of a pharmacy where drugs are kept.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter quoting job number # T-4220-14 (part-time position) or T-4188-14 (casual position) to email@example.comWhile we appreciate all resumes, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Member of the Ontario College of Pharmacist (OCP) in good standing
- Graduate of a Pharmacy Technician Program through a recognized Community College
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a hospital/retail setting (working with Oncology drugs an asset)
- Proven proficiency with computers including word processing, spreadsheet applications and e-mail systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in following specific instructions with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates the skills of an excellent team player
- Motivated and self-directed
Registered Practical Nurse (Temporary Part-Time)The RPN is responsible and accountable for providing quality patient/family focused nursing care to a patient population with predictable outcomes. As part of the interdisciplinary health team, the RPN will practice within their full scope in accordance to the nursing philosophy and standards set by HHCC, the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Regulated Health Professionals Act legislation. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter by October 2, 2014 quoting job number S-4224-14 to firstname.lastname@example.orgWhile we appreciate all resumes, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Current Registered Practical Nurse certification from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Recent experience treating acute medical patients is preferred
- Arrhythmia interpretation and knowledge of patients presenting with cardiac diagnoses is preferred
- Completion or current enrolment in coronary care course
- IV certification completion or current enrolment
- Current BCLS certification
- C.P.R. certification or equivalent
- Knowledge of gentle persuasive approach is preferred
Regional Clinical Director, Pharmacy Services
The Regional Clinical Director for Pharmacy Services is responsible for the strategic and operational management of Pharmacy across three organizations: William Osler Health System, Central West CCAC and Headwaters Health System. They will also be responsible for guiding and aligning services across these organizations in order to ensure effective delivery of outcomes.
William Osler Health System is Ontario's largest community hospital serving the diverse and growing communities of Etobicoke, Brampton and surrounding regions of the Central West Local Health Integration Network. As a regional referral centre, Osler provides programs and services to nearly one million area residents. Incorporated in 1998, Osler has three unique sites, each providing a wide range of services:
- Brampton Civic Hospital provides Osler's most complex and seriously ill or injured patients through a mix of inpatient and outpatient services.
- Etobicoke General Hospital is a traditional community hospital that provides all aspects of care from emergency care to surgery and specialist visits.
- Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness, targeted to open in 2015, will provide urgent and emergency care; day surgery and specialty clinics; and focus on helping individuals with chronic conditions manage their disease better.
The Central West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) helps ensure people have the health care and support they need to remain safe and independent at home for as long as possible. When appropriate, the CCAC aids people in transitioning to long-term care.
Our care coordinators are regulated health professionals who use their clinical and critical problem solving skills to assess patient needs, plan their care, and ensure the care and supports in place are making a difference. Care coordinators help patients and their families access the services and supports available in their community, including but not limited to: Assisted Living services, Adult Day Programs and a variety of medical and social services
The Central West CCAC serves Ontario’s high-growth Central West region, including northern Peel Region, parts of north-western Toronto, south-west York Region, and all of Dufferin County. Last year, we served more than 35,000 patients– at home, in school, and referred by the three hospitals located in our community, as well as a large number of hospitals outside of our LHIN. We collaborate with many partners: doctors, nurse practitioners, specialists, contracted service providers, community agencies, and others to care for our patients.
Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) is an 83-bed acute and complex continuing care facility. HHCC serves Dufferin County and the Town of Caledon including Caledon, Grand Valley, Orangeville and Shelburne and offers both inpatient and outpatient services, as well as an Emergency Department with 24/7 coverage. By providing care closer to home and putting patients first, Headwaters Health Care Centre aims to provide an exceptional experience every time.
Working in close collaboration with other members of the management and physician leadership teams across the different organizations and sites, the Regional Clinical Director of Pharmacy provides leadership in the development and implementation of strategies to ensure delivery of efficient, safe and high quality pharmaceutical services and medication management services. They will also ensure that these services that are coordinated across organizations reflect evidence-based, outcome-oriented best practices that are in compliance with safe medication practices and accreditation standards. This position has accountability for a program budget of $ 15.5 Million and management of a team of approximately 140 FTEs from various professional disciplines.
Reporting in a matrix relationship to the Executive Director, Clinical Services at Osler, the Vice President of Patient Services at Headwaters Health Care Centre, and the Vice President of Client Services, Central West CCAC, the Regional Clinical Director is accountable for the following:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Establish and maintain the regional partnerships necessary to advance Pharmacy and Medication Management performance
- Lead the development of short and long terms goals and objectives which are consistent with the corporate strategic plans
- To ensure that the service is in compliance with the required healthcare acts and regulations
- To develop strategies that assure accountability for drug utilization and expenditures, including formulary management, pre-printed orders and drug use evaluation in collaboration with the Medical Staff through the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee
- To promote and develop a leading edge, safe, effective and efficient drug distribution system in accordance with best medication management practices
- To ensure medication management system meets the Institute for Safe Medication Practice patient safety standards
- To ensure the medication management system meets Accreditation Canada standards
- To strive for standardization of the medication management system at all organizations and all sites, whenever possible
- To achieve benchmark quality and utilization performance targets within an established budget
- To work collaboratively with Operational Program Directors to meet established medication budgets
- Plan and allocate resources including human, financial and capital resources
- Providing direction to the patient care managers in defining and implementing initiatives to meet the desired program outcomes and the needs of the patients
- Working in partnership with physicians and other providers across the system to address priorities of the program
- Maintaining and establishing close partnership with the Ministry of Health, the LHIN and other stakeholders to develop strategies to improve care of the patients
- Developing comprehensive, interdisciplinary assessment and treatment services in partnership with the patients, their families and the community to allow patients and their caregivers the ability to make informed decisions regarding their treatment and quality of life
- Provide a system of services and leadership in research, program planning, education and evaluation, that will develop more effective services and provide enhanced educational opportunities for practitioners
- Influence and motivate staff through transformational leadership and encourage effective relationships among the inter professional teams and program partners and stakeholders
- Coach and develop teams and ensures bench strength for leadership
- Collaborate with the Director for Service Excellence to optimize patient satisfaction with services provided by the program and through collaboration with the corporate leadership team to optimize the integration of care delivery and patient flow within Osler and with external partners
Interested applicants are invited apply to Annette Branch via e-mail at email@example.com
- Must be eligible for licensure in Ontario with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (Part A)
- Post-graduate degree in management or clinical pharmacy practice
- Hospital Pharmacy Residency program certification would be an asset
- Minimum 5-7 years recent related clinical and progressive leadership in acute care setting
- Prior leadership experience in complex, multi-site environments is an asset
- Strong ability to link strategic direction to front-line programs.
- Collaborates and builds capacity across the organization, develops positive internal and external relationships in an atmosphere of trust, with strong conflict resolution and critical thinking skills
- Impact and influence to inspire large numbers of staff through effective communication skills
- Organizational awareness and the ability to encourage diversity
- Results orientation with a strong commitment to innovation and ongoing process improvement
- Service and quality orientation that anticipates customer and stakeholder needs
- Developing others
- Holding self and others accountable
- Visionary leadership with an established reputation for utilizing a consultative, collaborative style of leadership and for pushing the status quo and helping others to recognize the need for change
- Business acumen (strong financial and human resource management)
- Strategic orientation
- Planning, coordination and execution of services and large-scale initiatives across a corporation
- Development of effective business plans and project proposals
- Ability to travel between hospital sites on a regular basis.