Headwaters is committed to creating an environment where we work collaboratively to ensure that we provide the best possible standard of care to our patients and their families. If you are interested in joining our team, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Opportunities Available
Food Services Supervisor/Diet Technician (Part-Time)
Under the direction of the Manager of Food Services, Clinical Nutrition the Food Service Supervisor/Diet Technician is accountable for the provision of safe, nutritious food for general and specialized nutrition services within the established policies and approved budgets of the department in order to provide services of the highest quality. The Technician will provide nutrition counseling to patients under the direction of the Manager of Food Services, Clinical Nutrition.
Backed by a diploma in a Food Service Supervision or graduate of a University Nutrition program, you are also eligible for membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Managers and have previous experience supervising staff in food preparation. You preferably have experience with a centralized cold-plating food service system and knowledge of normal and therapeutic nutrition and the ability to counsel patients. You have knowledge of medical records and medical terminology. You have experience in monitoring, maintaining and improving quality standards through audits, surveys, checks and inspections. To be successful in this position, you have excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills and proficient computer skills.
For further information about Headwaters Health Care Centre, please visit www.headwatershealth.ca. To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter by August 8, 2014 quoting job number A-4194-14 to email@example.com.
While we appreciate all resumes, we can only contact those applicants selected for an interview.
Administrative Assistant Foundation (Full-Time) Headwaters Health Care Foundation is the fundraising organization of Headwaters Health Care Centre. The Foundation raises funds for medical equipment, infrastructure and continuing education for Headwaters Health Care Centre. Headwaters is working to provide the best care for the over 135,000 men, women and children who live in our community through the $16 million Commitment to Care Campaign. For more information, please visit www.hhcfoundation.com.
The Foundation is currently recruiting a results oriented and highly organized individual who will provide administrative support to the Foundation Team and its internal and external constituencies.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program. ie: Secretarial, Administrative, Event Planning.
- Two to three years related work experience. Fundraising experience considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills particularly with the Microsoft office suite of products. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative as required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work well under tight timelines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times is essential.
- Must have use of vehicle at all times to support programs of the Foundation.
- Acceptable performance and attendance records.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter by August 11, 2014 quoting job number A-4195-14 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate all resumes, we can only contact those applicants selected for an interview.
Professional Practice Coordinator (Temporary Full-Time) Reporting to the Director of Quality, Practice & Patient Services, the Professional Practice Coordinator is accountable for the development of a Patient Centred, Interprofessional Practice environment at Headwaters Health Care Centre. He/she advances professional practice across all programs and departments consistent with the Regulated Health Profession Act (RHPA). Collaborates with Clinical Leaders to provide clinically based education and research within the hospital and liaises with Regulatory Colleges and Professional Associations to maintain knowledge related to standards and best practices.The Professional Practice Coordinator leads the identification, coordination and evaluation of opportunities for continuous improvement to ensure excellence in practice, patient safety and patient centred care across the organization. He/she supports and, in some cases, leads interprofessional initiatives intended to improve quality and patient safety; works collaboratively to support and advance quality improvement throughout the hospital.Qualifications:
The duration of this temporary position is until approximately January 2015. To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter by August 1, 2014 quoting job number A-4180-14 to email@example.comWhile we appreciate all resumes, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Regulated Health Professional in good standing with their College
- Minimum 3 years combined clinical and/or management leadership role with demonstrated Managerial and Clinical leadership abilities
- Professional baccalaureate degree; Master’s degree is preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant practice legislation (RHPA, Health Care Consent Act, Privacy Act etc.), standards and scope of practice
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience regarding principles of Patient Centred Care
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with Senior Administration, Managers, Staff, and Physicians
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience in coaching and mentoring
- Excellent critical thinking and analytic abilities
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- Proficiency in computer applications required (Microsoft Office Suite, Meditech, Safety Quality Information System)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with variable timelines
- Knowledge of the quality improvement processes and quality indicators
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of Risk Management principles and practices
Charge Nurse, Surgical Suite (Full-Time)The Surgical Suite Charge Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision and operation of the general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis, according to the Standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation in Day Surgery, Operating Room, Recovery Room, Endoscopy, Minor Procedure & Sterile Processing Department.Qualifications:
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter by August 12, 2014 quoting job number N-4181-14 to firstname.lastname@example.orgWhile we appreciate all resumes, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario (Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred)
- Perioperative nursing certificate – C.N.A is preferred
- Completion of Perioperative Nursing Program
- BCLS Certification required, ACLS Certification is preferred
- Minimum 5 years Operating Room experience and previous leadership experience is preferred
- Effective interpersonal, organizational abilities to promote team work with physicians and staff
- Working knowledge of Day Surgery, PACU, Endoscopy and SPD including ORNAC, OPANA & CNA standards
- Experience in staff scheduling
- Experience in data collection
The Director, Finance is responsible for providing leadership / business partnership supporting successful operations and the financial health of Headwaters Health Care Centre. This position reports to the Executive Director of Finance which is a joint role supporting both Headwaters Health Care Centre and William Osler Health System. The Director, Finance is therefore the Headwaters full-time finance leader on-site.This individual will provide financial leadership by supporting programs and stakeholders in managing the business, including budgets, overseeing all accounting functions controllership and compliance, conducting forecast analysis, assessing business plans and monitoring of corporate credit. Qualifications:
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter by July 18, 2014 quoting job number A-4178-14 to email@example.comWhile we appreciate all resumes, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- University degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance: an MBA, CA/CPA/CMA/CGA designation is preferred.
- A minimum of five years progressive hospital management experience is required
- Extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with financial planning & analysis, accounting, internal controls, external audits, business planning and asset management.
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and ability to influence and inspire teams, resolve conflicts, drive strategic direction and create energy and enthusiasm for progressive change
- Impeccable attention to detail, with highly-developed project management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision as a dedicated team player
Registered Nurse, Operating Room (Temporary Part-Time)The Registered Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision of general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis, according to the standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation.Qualifications:
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter by August 12, 2014 quoting job number N-4183-14 to firstname.lastname@example.orgWhile we appreciate all resumes, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Perioperative certificate – C.N.A. is preferred
- Completion of O.R. training courses
- Recent operating room experience
- BCLS/C.P.R. Certification
- Recovery Room experience
SPD Reprocessing Technician (Temporary Part-Time)Under the supervision of the Director of Acute Care Programs, the SPD Reprocessing Technician will provide the function of sorting, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, sterilizing reusable medical devices and supplies for Headwaters Health Care Center.Qualifications:
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter by August 12, 2014 quoting job number S-4182-14 to email@example.comWhile we appreciate all resumes, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The SPD technician will be required to have the CSAO Technician certification course or a recognized college reprocessing course and have passed it successfully. Recertification every five years is required and ongoing in service mandatory
- Current relevant experience in SPD is preferred
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- To be mechanically and technically inclined
- Must possess the physical capacity to stand and walk within a limited area most of the working day, to handle supplies and equipment of moderate and heavy weights, to travel short and long distances in the hospital and to stoop, bend when storing and issuing supplies, and to stand for long periods
- Ability to handle delicate materials with multiple parts
- Must possess a memory for details and a willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks according to established procedures and sequences
- Knowledge of aseptic and sterilization techniques